Early last fall (September 2016) I finished up the Swoon Quilt in a big hurry because I had ordered a new long arm. The new long arm would be too narrow to load the 115″ x 115″ Swoon Quilt, so I had to finish it up quickly. I decided to use a pantograph instead of custom quilting to make things move along a lot faster.
Some of the blocks after quilting:
You can see how big the quilt was by how it draped over the edges of my old 8′ x 8′ cutting table!
I included four extra blocks in the backing fabric to make it large enough:
To photograph the whole quilt I had to fold it into fourths.
The northwest quadrant:
The northeast quadrant:
The southwest quadrant:
The southeast quadrant:
Machine applied binding from the front:
And from the back:
In case you missed it, here is the movie of all the blocks I posted before: